Customize Your Virtual Agent with Theme Editor
The virtual agent chat box is divided into three areas, namely: Header (Title), Conversation (Chat Box), and User Input (Type Message Area).
Theme Editor provides seven customization options for these areas. The first four concern color and fonts, the fifth options allows admins to upload avatars, and with the sixth an admin can set the bot's name and greeting. Starting Colubridae '21, a seventh option allows SU Admins to configure the responses for idle and inactive users.
In the Conversation area, admins can customize:
- Background color of chat box, system messages, and user messages.
- Text color of system messages and user messages.
System messages are further divided into Text and Buttons.
- Navigate to the second tab by clicking .
- Use the color palettes to customize Conversation.
User Input lets you pick colors for the message (text), message background (board), and the send button (button).
Clicking (icon) opens the screen where you can configure chatbot responses for when the user is idle during the chat or on the search client window.
Inactivity Message on Bot Icon
Used to display a message on the virtual agent icon when the user is inactive on the search client screen for more than the set time limit.
- Toggle the Inactivity Message on Bot to the right.
- Enter the Message that you wish to display (up to 50 characters) on the virtual agent icon.
- Mention the inactivity Time Limit after which this message should be displayed (60 - 300 sec) and click Save.
The configured message would now be displayed after the set time limit on the virtual agent icon. It shows each time a user interacts with the virtual agent.
Inactivity Message in Chat
Used to display a message in the chat window when the user is inactive for more than the set time limit.
- Toggle the Inactivity Message in Chat to the right.
- Enter the Message that you wish to be displayed in the chat window in Enter Text.
- You can also click on Add More and write one extra text option to be displayed. These two messages will be displayed randomly in the conversation with no particular order.
- Mention the inactivity Time Limit after which the message should be displayed. The allowed range is between 60 and 300 seconds. Click Save.
The configured message would now be displayed in the chat window for the user after the set inactivity time.
Last updated: Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Or, send us your review at email@example.com